TITLE: Medical Devices/Healthcare PR-Media Relations Freelancer
TYPE: Grey Matter Marketing, www.greymattermarketing.com -- Independent Medical Device Marketing/PR Agency
LOCATION: Offsite/Telecommute OK!
TO APPLY: Email Resume and Cover Letter, to include hourly rate and whether you take on projects, to Deb Kaufman, email: Deb@greymattermarketing.com
Grey Matter Marketing (GMM), an award-winning medical devices-focused public relations/integrated marketing firm is growing! We’re looking for a strategic, talented and enthusiastic Medical Devices/Healthcare PR-Media Relations Freelancer to work with us on our corporate clients.
The agency and its clients will look to the Medical Devices/Healthcare PR-Media Relations Freelancer for ongoing strategic communications counsel, high-level writing, media relations/pitching and PR project management. The right Freelancer can operate both tactically & strategically.
The agency specializes in branding, marketing and communications for established and discovery brand medical devices/healthcare firms who are improving outcomes for clinicians and saving patients’ lives. Our award-winning firm is privileged to represent clients who meet the gold standard in their industries. Our team has earned a reputation for first-rate strategic thinking, excellent client service, exceptional writing and generating results through effective marketing, branding and strategic communications campaigns.
The firm’s culture is entrepreneurial, and each team member works to live up to the firm’s tagline: Rule Breakers. Game Changers.
Key duties of this freelance position include:
▪ **Excellent track record in pitching and placements skills in a variety of healthcare media outlets, including traditional outlets such as trades; print; consumer; magazines and other key outlets; as well as online media/blogger outreach.
▪ **Playing a key role in implementing multi-faceted public relations campaigns.
▪ **Taking ownership of and managing multiple simultaneous PR/media relations projects, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget.
▪ **Continuously pursuing and consistently demonstrating excellence in grammar, spelling and fine writing.
▪ **Regularly writing original documents whose purposes are to persuade the reader, such as: pitch letters to creatively convey the client’s position; memos or e-mails to introduce a novel concept or communications idea to a client; and scripts, talking points or news media materials/press releases that demonstrate the originality and/or news value of a client’s innovation.
▪ **Helping to plan and lead team efforts at events such as news conferences, focus groups and media training.
▪ **Identifying new ways to communicate the client’s messages through traditional and new media.
**The must be a strong, results-oriented pitcher; writer, a consistent idea generator and a keen strategist. The person must be able to understand the communications needs for a variety of clients.
**The right freelancer is a “news junkies” who think it’s fun to follow healthcare trends and current events and are cognizant of the major players in the medical devices & healthcare world.
**The ideal freelancer will have a strong understanding of the medical devices/healthcare media market, and established media relationships; and possesses a strong understanding of social media and its growing importance in every communications campaign.
**The ideal freelancer will have at least 3-5+ years of healthcare/media public relations/media relations experience, preferably in an agency setting.
To Apply for the Position: Please email your resume and a cover letter containing the following information:
1. Hourly rates. Your hourly freelancer rate; and whether you take on project assignments?
2. Weekly hours. In general, how many hours do you have available in a given week to allocate to freelance PR/media relations assignments?
3. Medical Devices/Healthcare. Include any/all information about your medical devices client work
EMAIL information (cover letter & resume) to: Deb Kaufman, email Deb@greymattermarketing.com